Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Coming Soon...

Ok, so I've got 2 places i'm keeping my eye on.
Astoria's first 7/11 looks like its happening over on 29th St and 30th Ave.
I really don't know why but i have to say it intrigues me. Just because growing up in NJ they were a staple i guess? But here? Do we really need one? Is the need for slushies and $.79 "Big Gulps" of syrup water of so overwhelming that they are planting one smack dab in the middle of our fair neighborhood? I guess so.
Will report back once they are open and i get a looksee :)

Then there is Soleil Coffee Shop. They finally named it and put up a coming soon sign scrawled on some cardboard. Its on Astoria Blvd. between 37th & 38th St. This makes me happy. Yes its another cafe and all but this forgotten territory needs one. I say this cause i live around the corner and this is right on the walk to the train. Fingers crossed big time on this place being cool. Shouldn't be much longer til its open, looking inside the couches and counter are all set up already. We shall see.....

3 comments:

Brian Dailey said...

Nice! That new coffee shop is a lot closer to where I live as well. You'll let us know once it opens up, right? :)

Unknown said...

since i have to walk by it everyday, i will be sur to let you know when i see a sign of life!

megc said...

Oh yay about Soleil! :)

Does it date me terribly that I automatically hear in my head "Moon Frye" when I hear "Soleil"??? :D